Microfocus Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) – The standard in Test Management Software.
Edgewords has courses for both the existing ALM.NET (formerly Quality Center) as well as the new ALM Octane software:
- Either ALM .NET (Quality Center) for standard waterfall / V-Model development projects,
- or the new ALM Octane, designed for Agile projects and integrating into open-source tools and Continuous Integration.
Octane is the exciting new ALM tool from Microfocus which provides full Agile project management; Backlog, Releases, Epics, Features, User Stories, Interactive Storyboards, Test management (Manual tests, Gherkin Tests, Automated Tests) and Defect Management. It also integrates into CI servers, Version Control (Git/GitHub etc.) and can even support Waterfall with Requirements planning!
We provide comprehensive courses on all the Microfocus products. Below you will find the upcoming schedule of training for these tools, together with a description of each course.
If you have any questions at all about the courses, or the tools, please feel free to call us, we also offer on-site training at your offices.
|Date||Course Title||Duration (days)||Location||Price|
|On Demand||Using ALM.NET||3||London||£995+VAT|
|On demand||ALM.NET Admin & Customisation||2||London||£745+VAT|
|11 Feb 2019||Using ALM Octane||2||Birmingham||£745+VAT|
This course on Microfocus ALM Octane provides insights to developers and testers, helping them deliver applications quickly, without sacrificing quality or end-user experience. Students learn how to leverage this streamlined ALM solution to bring continuous quality to lean, Agile, and DevOps-focused teams. Students also learn how to manage quality information throughout the development cycle, from constructing user stories, designing and executing tests, through monitoring defects.
This course covers all aspects of using HP ALM 12 to manage your testing projects, from developing your requirements and planning your software releases, through to writing test scripts, executing them and raising and managing defects. New features such as Sprinter, Business Views and Project Reports are explained in depth. The course covers best practices, how the traceability model works and reporting facilities.
Recommended for anyone new to ALM or for those upgrading from previous versions of Quality Center, anyone that will be administering ALM or Quality Center or Project Administrators looking to manage ALM Projects.
The course is based on the site installation of ALM, but applies equally to those wishing to customise their cloud-hosted version
You will learn how to;
- Understand the ALM architecture
- Get to know every aspect of the Site Admin utility, ALM project management, site configuration, users, licences, implementing company-wide policies
- Gain a full understanding of project customisation, including user group permissions, custom fields, auto mail and alerts, custom project reports, workflow and the VBScript editor.
- Get to know best practices in implementing and maintaining ALM.
- Complete UFT
- HP UFT Essentials
- LeanFT Essentials