This course is ideal for anyone new to testing APIs. It focuses on RESTful Web Services, being the most popular type of Web Service, and particularly around functional testing.
The course helps you understand the technologies involved and the terminology, and then looks at different techniques for testing RESTful APIs including: Command Line Tools, GUI based Tools, and finally programmatically as part of an automated test framework.
Throughout the course practical examples are demonstrated, and the delegates get to practice what they have learned in each chapter against a demo REST API Service.
- Understand what APIs are and the different types
- Explore Web Services and the Clients we can use to access them
- Understand why & what we need to test
- Tools & approaches to testing your Web Services
- Practical introduction to cURL, Postman, and RESTSharp
- How to integrate REST Testing into an existing automation framework such as Cucumber/SpecFlow
|Course Title||Duration (days)||Location||Price|
|Introduction to RESTful API Testing||2||on-site/online||contact us|
This course is ideal for those new to API testing. We look at the different type of APIs, then focus on Web Services, specifically REST services. The course then looks at practical approaches to testing web services through command line (cURL), GUI based tools (Postman), and finally through code (RESTSharp/.NET) as part of an automation framework (BDD Gherkin through SpecFlow).